hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PrefixFilter : not working for 'long' keys
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:31:27 GMT
Hi Mohammad,

Suppose your rowkey is 345346654. Are you trying to match this row on the
basis of prefix 3453?
If yes, then the default PrefixFilter wont work. I am a little skeptic that
prefix like this will work because AFAIK byte[] of 3453 is not guaranteed
to be a prefix of byte[] of 345346654.
I have played with a rowkey which is a sequence of long and short. In my
case it works as long as i am matching the entire variable(long,short,byte)
in Prefix Filter.

HTH,
Anil Gupta

--