hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase Wire Protocol
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 07:31:46 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Matan Amir <matan.amir@voxer.com> wrote:

> Thanks St.Ack,
>
> Funny enough, since we use asynchbase internally, i am planning on using
> that model (async, queue per region, time-based push rather than size, etc)
> and I've already started reading through asynchbase inline comments -
> specifically in HBaseRpc.  I was just hoping there was something more
> official.  The VLong encoding is quite something btw > <

Any recommendations for what we should use going forward?  (BenoƮt on
hadoops' vlong encoding makes for a good read indeed:
https://github.com/OpenTSDB/asynchbase/blob/master/src/HBaseRpc.java#L826)

> I did also notice the protobuf code in HBase trunk but i assume that is for
> a future release (0.96+?)

Yessir.

All pb all the time except for passing of actual KeyValues.  We'll pass
DataBlocks instead.  Clients will say what they can digest (compressions,
etc.).

Keep us in the loop.  We might save you a bit of head banging when you are
trying to figure why something is the way it is.

St.Ack