hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HBase Wire Protocol
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 04:35:29 GMT
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM, Matan Amir <matan.amir@voxer.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm wondering if anyone has a spec for the wire protocol of HBase (v0.94.x
> compatible)?  I am interested in creating a new native client this would be
> more efficient than reverse-engineering.
> Much appreciated!

Best place to look as far as I know is asynchbase.  It manages to ride over
the vagaries and different hbase versions in spite of all we unknowingly
have done to frustrate anyone being able to add a client beyond the one
hbase ships with.  Read the code comments (Hope bad language does not
offend -- smile).

0.96 and beyond should be saner though still being defined (input welcome).