hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Put while move or split
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 03:45:25 GMT
Hi Jean

Incase of Puts and Scans if the split is in progress it will retry.
 Suppose before the client gets to know about the split, still if the put
is directed with the parent region row key, internally HBase directs it to
the correct daughter region.
But i am not clear in what you mean by Region server down for 3 mins?  You
mean during split your RS went down?

Regards
Ram

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org