hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject PROD/DR - Replication
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 01:58:40 GMT
Agree with what Ian says below except I'd say with work it's possible to do
cross DC quorum writes in a layer on top of HBase that persists into
HBase, like
when Google built Megastore on BigTable. At this year's VLDB if I recall
correctly there was a megastore-like system with an interesting variation built
on HBase presented in http://arxiv.org/abs/1208.0270 .

--
Best regards,

   - Andy