hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HBASE - select distinct query against the rowkey
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:59:36 GMT
Not sure why you have timestamp in the key... assuming that message id would be incremented
therefore rows would be in time order anyways.

But to answer your question...
You will want to use a separate table.

In both instances you will end up doing a full table scan, however the number of rows in a
distinct user table would be much less than your user's table.

HTH

-Mike