hbase-user mailing list archives

From Amandeep Khurana <ama...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PROD/DR - Replication
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 19:56:15 GMT
What failure condition are you trying to safeguard against? A full
data center failure? That's when you would lose your entire cluster
and need the DR to kick in. Otherwise, you could deploy such that an
entire rack failure or even a row failure won't take you down. Just
span across multiple racks and rows. For a full data center failure,
the current replication scheme only gives you asynchronous replication
for reasons Ian mentioned.