hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Phelps <...@opendns.com>
Subject Customizing hbase shell's table formatting
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 19:05:45 GMT
Is there a reasonably straight forward way to customize the shell's
output for a given table?  While many of our tables use string based
data, we have some that use serialized data which is useless to view
directly in the shell on the occasions where it'd be useful for
debugging the output of a M/R job.

I'd think there'd be a way to write a object to serialize and
deserialize the keys and values that could be plugged into the shell,
but I'm not quickly finding how I'd do that.

(Note - I know almost nothing about ruby so I could easily be
overlooking something).

- Adam

View raw message