hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bryan Keller <brya...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dfs.replication
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:28:06 GMT
Thanks, it is in the classpath after all. I was looking at the "ps" output which was truncated,
"hbase classpath" revealed the full classpath.

On Dec 12, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:

> dfs.replication is an HDFS client-side setting, so it has to be coming
> from somewhere. Double check that classpath of yours with bin/hbase
> classpath
>
> J-D
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Bryan Keller <bryanck@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I noticed in some of the documentation that it states to add the Hadoop config directory
to the HBase classpath if you want HBase to use any DFS client settings, like dfs.replication.
Is this still true? It seems like HBase is using the dfs.replication setting. I have it set
to 2 in the Hadoop config (3 is default) and all of the HFiles have it set to 2 also, but
I haven't added the Hadoop config to the HBase classpath.