hbase-user mailing list archives

From Roger Miller <r.ogermil...@ymail.com>
Subject CF still contains data after deletion
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:43:11 GMT
Hello,

we are currently using Cloudera CDH4.1.2 and have the following problem:
Assume we have a column family in HBase that already contains data that we want to get rid
of. In past versions of HBase it was possible to delete this CF and re-create it and it contained
no data afterwards. Now in version 0.92.1-cdh4.1.2 if a CF is re-created with the same name,
the data is still in this CF.

http://pastebin.com/svUuAQd1
shows a demo shell session with this behavior.

Is the only way to keep a CF but to discard its data to "manually" put a delete on every value?
Because the advantage of discarding and re-creating a CF with messed up data is that this
was a very fast solution.

Thanks.