hbase-user mailing list archives

From lars hofhansl <lhofha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Many scanner opening
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 02:23:36 GMT
You might have run into HBASE-7336.
(Not available in any official release, yet)

If you're using 0.94 (and probably 0.92) you can just apply this patch (it's save and simple).

________________________________
 From: Eugeny Morozov <emorozov@griddynamics.com>
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:01 AM
Subject: Many scanner opening

Hello!

We faced an issue recently that the more map tasks are completed, the
longer it takes to complete one more map task.

In our architecture we have two scanners to read the table. The first one,
which is called 'outer' scanner is reading table and filter some rowkeys.
These rowkeys are used as a filter for second scanner - 'internal'. Thus we
constantly open 'internal' scanner with different filters.

As an additional symptoms we see that our cluster practically does nothing
- there is no CPU loading, no disk loading, no network, etc. Most of the
time it means we are waiting on some locks, but I'm not sure.

I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions to understand the case.
Thank you in advance.
--
Evgeny Morozov
Developer Grid Dynamics