hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: which API is to get table meta data in hbase
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:23:27 GMT

> But I say, there need some meta data which record how many row
number in the give table, I say , hbase has this meta data, is it,
        And which API is to get it, and how to use API,

There is no such meta data for a table.

You can check whether you can do this work on your own using co processors. There were some
discussion on this in the mailing list. Sorry I am not able find the links for that now. You
can create another table and store the stats there in the second table.

But see whether you can make use of the AggregationClient API. U have some column for which
every row will have a not null value??

-Anoop-