hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saurabh Dutta <saurabh.du...@impetus.co.in>
Subject Rowkey with startkey endkey and numberofregions
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 08:31:23 GMT

I'm trying to create regions using "startkey", "endkey" and "number of regions".

I'm using the HBase Java API and when I do it with the below values I'm getting exceptions.

Startkey 00000
EndKey 11111
No. of Regions 3

But when I'm specifying the no. of regions servers to be 4 it works.

Startkey 00000
EndKey 11111
No. of Regions 4

Can somebody help me understand this. Appreciate your help.

Saurabh Dutta

or interference.