hbase-user mailing list archives

From "tgh" <guanhua.t...@ia.ac.cn>
Subject what is the max size for one region and what is the max size of region for one server
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:11:16 GMT
Hi
	I try to use hbase 0.90 to store 100billion massage, and I have
setup hbase, and use API to store messages into hbase, It seems ok,
	But, my mates tell me that , for hbase , max size for one region is
4GB , and for one server, the max number for region is 100, then for one
server, I can only store 400GB data, is it that ?

	Or what about the max size for one region and what about the max
size of region for one server?

	For 100billion message, I need to store more data in one server,
	Could you help me

Thank you
Tian Guanhua