hbase-user mailing list archives

From raviprasa...@polarisFT.com
Subject Changing column family in hbase
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:58:03 GMT
 Hi,
  We need to change columns of Hbase table from one column family to another column family
.

Example :-
    HBase table Name :-  emp

    Column family :-  cf1
        Under the column family cf1, we have the following columns
                      cf1: no
                      cf1:name
                      cf1:salary
                      cf1: job

We have created another column family called  'cf2'  in the same table 'emp'

How to replace Column family cf1's   columns to another column family   'cf2' like below
?

                      cf2: no
                       cf2:name
                       cf2:salary
                       cf2: job

Regards
Ravi

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended
recipient(s) only.  If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected
to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately. You are also hereby notified that
any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended
recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.polarisFT.com