hbase-user mailing list archives

From Leonid Fedotov <lfedo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hbase cluster for serving real time site traffic
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 17:09:17 GMT
Varun,
for HA NameNode you may want to  look at Hortonworks HDP 1.1 release. It supported on vSphere
and on RedHat HA cluster.
HDP 1.1 based on Hadoop 1.0.3 and fully certified for production environments.
Do not forget, Hadoop 2.0 is still in alpha testing stage and a can not be recommended for
production systems.

As of ZK nodes:
depending on the amount of ZK traffic, you may not need to put it to the separate nodes, it
could easily coexist with DN .
However, it is better to split NN and HBmaster to separate nodes. Like NN on one node and
HB Master and JT on other node.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Leonid Fedotov
Technical Support Engineer
lfedotov@hortonworks.com
office: +1 855 846 7866 ext 292
mobile: +1 650 430 1673

On Nov 1, 2012, at 4:17 AM, Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda wrote:

> Regards, Varun.
> 1- I think that you should take a look to the Cloudera Manager for CDH 4.1 to create
> HA HDFS enviroment. Remember that the version 2.0.x is not ready for production yet.
The stable version is Hadoop 1.0.4 with HBase 0.94.2

> 2- Yes, a recommended practice is to have a separate Zookeeper ensemble (three, five
or seven are good numbers for the ensemble) from your NN, HB Master. For example: