hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas Liochon <nkey...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Local RegionServer vs JUnit?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:58:27 GMT
Today, at this time of writing, it should be ok: the tests write in a
specific directory, and the ports are dynamic. But it's not without danger:
what if tomorrow someone creates a bug and hardcodes a port already used by
your cluster ? It's unlikely; but it happened in the past. As well, the CPU
& memory used by the tests won't be available to your datanode /
regionserver, so you doing a kind of load test on this node...

N.