hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HBase 0.94.x vs Hadoop 2.0.x?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:35:03 GMT
Marcos makes a good point btw - Move from 1.x to 2.x also involves
recompiling your existing MR apps (if they are already built with
maven, thats not too much work to do). But other than a few obvious
issues caught by the java compiler, the APIs remain the same.

Marcos - response inline:

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz@uci.cu> wrote:
<snip>
> So, it's means that, it's good to think to upgrade first all your applications from
> Hadoop 1.x to Hadoop 2.x if you want to keep updated with HBase?

Yes, the MR jobs and other apps would need to be recompiled along with this.

> Where I can find the Development roadmap for HBase 0.96?

Am unsure of a formal location for this. Perhaps a dev can comment. I
merely try to follow as many JIRAs as I can. I do know snapshots and
protobuf RPCs are some of the major work being done for this version,
but others would probably know better.

<snip>

--
Harsh J