hbase-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuration setup
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:13:29 GMT
I solved it by explicitly setting the property using setProperty method

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 4:46 PM, Suraj Varma <svarma.ng@gmail.com> wrote:

> The directory where hbase-site.xml is located should be in your client
> side classpath. Can you check if this is the case (dump your classpath
> right before you call to check if the directory is present).
>
> Here's the HBaseConfiguration.addHBaseResources code.
>
> http://javasourcecode.org/html/open-source/hbase/hbase-0.90.3/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HBaseConfiguration.java.html#line.85
>   public static Configuration addHbaseResources(Configuration conf) {
>     conf.addResource("hbase-default.xml");
>     conf.addResource("hbase-site.xml");
>
>     checkDefaultsVersion(conf);
>     checkForClusterFreeMemoryLimit(conf);
>     return conf;
>   }
>
> As you can see ... it expects hbase-site.xml to be in the classpath.
>
> If your file is located in some subdirectory of your classpath base,
> you would have to give the full path. Or use getResourceAsStream() to
> get it as an InputStream and then use your
> Configuration.addResource(InputStream) approach to load it.
>
> --Suraj
>
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:02 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks! This is the client code I was referring to. The below code
> doesn't
> > seem to work. Also I tried HBaseConfiguration.addHBaseResrouce and that
> > didn't work either. Is there any other way to make it configurable
> outside
> > the resource?
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
> >
> >> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com>
> >> wrote:
> >> > I have a need to move hbas-site.xml to an external location. So in
> order
> >> to
> >> > do that I changed my configuration as shown below. But this doesn't
> seem
> >> to
> >> > be working. It picks up the file but I get error, seems like it's
> going
> >> to
> >> > the localhost. I checked hbase-site.xml in the directory and the
> >> zookeeper
> >> > nodes are correctly listed.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > [11/26/2012 14:09:31,480] INFO apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn
> >> >
> >>
> [[web-analytics-ci-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT].AsyncFlow.async2.02-SendThread(localhost.localdomain:2181)]():
> >> > Opening socket connection to server localhost.localdomain/
> 127.0.0.1:2181
> >> >
> >> > -----
> >> >
> >> > changed from
> >> >
> >> > HBaseConfiguration.create()
> >> >
> >> > to
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > config = *new* Configuration();
> >> >
> >> > config.addResource(*new* Path(*CONF_FILE_PROP_NAME*));
> >> >
> >> > *log*.info("Config location picked from:" + prop);
> >>
> >>
> >> The above looks basically right but IIRC, this stuff can be tricky
> >> adding in new resources and making sure stuff is applied in order --
> >> and then there is 'final' configs that are applied after yours.
> >>
> >> You could try copying the hbase conf dir to wherever, amending it to
> >> suit your needs and then when starting hbase, add '--config
> >> ALTERNATE_CONF_DIR'.
> >>
> >> St.Ack
> >>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message