hbase-user mailing list archives

From 김인태 <inking...@gmail.com>
Subject how to work Htable connection
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 05:47:27 GMT
Hi. I am novice of hbase.

I have some questions how to create htable,

I read some blogs and hbase definitive guide book.

First Question:

They said that we can create htable with following two methods.

First, sharing configuration
Second, every new configuration instance

There are a example in http://hbase.apache.org/book/client.html

1)

HBaseConfiguration conf = HBaseConfiguration.create();
HTable table1 = new HTable(conf, "myTable");
HTable table2 = new HTable(conf, "myTable");

2)

HBaseConfiguration conf1 = HBaseConfiguration.create();
HTable table1 = new HTable(conf1, "myTable");
HBaseConfiguration conf2 = HBaseConfiguration.create();
HTable table2 = new HTable(conf2, "myTable");

I can't understand difference of two implements. just instance count or
connection?

In the first samlpe, is it 1 connection instance?
is it 2 connection instance in another sample?

When I tested in 0.94.2, both created one zookeeper connection. so I have
confused

Second Question:
When client get data in hbase, does a client connect only zookeeper or
zookeeper and regionserver(not zookeeper)?

Thanks!