hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to check if a major_compact is done?
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 18:31:09 GMT
Yes, JMX exposes compaction time. My cluster has JMX enabled, and I can
view certain statistics from remote jconsole.

However, I dont find any reference talking about how to write a Java
program to collect a specific statistics, like compaction time available in
region server status. Does anyone here have experience in writing low-level
code to collect JMX data, instead of using jconsole or other high-level
tools...

PS: I have found some sample code
here<http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/metrics/package-summary.html>,
yet the API is deprecated.