hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues on disabling compaction in HBase 0.94.2
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 23:50:21 GMT
Hi, I want to disable automatic compaction in HBase. Currently I used
following configurations in conf/hbase-site.xml
The problem is compaction does not really be disable. As write are issued
into HBase, it can be observed when there is a
flush to HFile, it will trigger a compaction. Do I miss anything from
following xml configurables.
Regards,
Yun

  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.max.filesize</name>
    <value>10737418240000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compactionThreshold</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.blockingWaitTime</name>
    <value>90000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.max</name>
    <value>100</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.majorcompaction</name>
    <value>0</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.min</name>
    <value>10000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.hstore.compaction.max</name>
    <value>10001</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>dfs.replication</name>