hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject How to monitor total disk access in HBase?
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:03:59 GMT
Hi, I want to profile the # of disk access (both random and sequential)
issued from HBase (into HDFS). For disk reads, I have tried use
blockCacheMissCount, which seems working. But is it the correct way for
reads (I can't confirmed it from HBase documents)?

For disk writes, I can't find any metrics in HBase. How should one get disk
writes in HBase?

Besides, it's best if I can obtain separate numbers regarding to random
access and sequential access. Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Yun