hbase-user mailing list archives

From Varun Sharma <va...@pinterest.com>
Subject Master Master replication
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:36:04 GMT
Hi,

I want to setup a master-master replicated cluster using Hbase 0.94 - the
two clusters will be in different availability zones. I was wondering if
the following would work:

1) Setup cluster A and start reading/writing to it and run it for a week.
2) Now Setup cluster B and configure the two clusters as Master-Master.

Is it possible to have such a setup, basically adding a master replica to
an existing standalone hbase cluster ? Once the setup happens, would B
inherit all of data that was written to cluster A prior to the replication
setup ?

Thanks
Varun