hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'dell" <kevin.od...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HTablePool
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:45:09 GMT
Dalla,

   It is always a good idea to ask questions when first jumping into HBase.
 One piece of advice I would give is to take it slow with your jobs.  Start
as simple as possible, then move to filter if you need it.  Co-proc should
be a last step as they involve intricate understanding of HBase internals
and make your cluster exponentially harder to support since there is now
custom code being injected.

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera