hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'dell" <kevin.od...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Scan performance on compressed column families
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 14:02:21 GMT
Dave,

  I would recommend trying it in your environment.  Like most tests you can
find other blogs that argue the performance is better:

http://blog.erdemagaoglu.com/post/4605524309/lzo-vs-snappy-vs-lzf-vs-zlib-a-comparison-of

  It will depend on your environment, filesize, how well it compresses, how
taxed your disks are, how wide your cells are, etc..

--
Kevin O'Dell
Customer Operations Engineer, Cloudera