hbase-user mailing list archives

From David Koch <ogd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: HBase scan performance decreases over time.
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 19:50:20 GMT
Hello Ted,

We never initiate major compaction manually. I have not looked at I/O
balance between nodes in detail. We have noticed that after running for a
couple of weeks HBase seems to spend hours pushing blocks between nodes in
order to optimize things. We add data daily in one ~30gb push to several
tables. Sometimes nodes get added to the running system.

Where can I get more information on how to carry out performance related
HBase administrative tasks?

Thank you,