hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: EXT :Re: HBase Issues (perhaps related to 127.0.0.1)
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 03:51:44 GMT
On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM, ac@hsk.hk <ac@hsk.hk> wrote:
> I am also using Ubuntu 12.04, Zookeeper 3.4.4 HBase 0.94.2 and Hadoop 1.0.4. (64-bit
nodes), I finally managed to have the HBase cluster up and running, below is the line in my
/etc/hosts for your reference:

> #127.0.0.1      localhost
> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
>
> According to my set up experience, below are my advices:
> 1) /etc/hosts: should not comment out 127.0.01 in /etc/hosts
> 2) Zookeeper: do not sync its "data" and "datalog" folders  to other Zookeeper servers
in your deployment
> 3) check your start procedures:
>         - check your firewall policies, make sure each server can use the required TCP/IP
ports, especially port 2181 in your case
>         - start Zookeeper first, need to make sure all other servers can access Zookeeper
servers, use "/bin/zkCli.sh -server XXXX" or "echo ruok | nc XXXX 2181" to test all Zookeepers
from each HBASE server.
>         - start Hadoop, use JPS to make sure Namenode, SecondaryNameNode, Datanodes up
and running, check LOG files of each servers
>         - start MapReduce if you need it
>         - start HBase, use JPS to check HBase's HMaster and HRegionServers, then wait
a while use JPS to check HMaster and HRegionServers again, if them all HBASE servers gone
but HADOOP still up and running,  most likely it would be HBASE configure issue in hbase-site.xml
related to ZooKeeper settings or ZooKeeper configure/data issues.

> Hope these help and good luck.
> ac

Thanks ac for the clean instructions.  We have an ubuntu callout here
on localhost in /etc/hosts:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#basic.prerequisites  What else would
you suggest we add to the reference guide?

Thanks,
St.Ack
P.S. I used to have a friend named AC but in his case it stood for
"Anti-Christ".