hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HTablePool
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2012 19:04:18 GMT
On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Dalia Sobhy
<dalia.mohsobhy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> I want to understand when to use HTable, HTablePool and HtableAdmin in Java API ?

HTable to access a table.

HTablePool if lots of threads in your application accessing a table or tables.

HTableAdmin when you want to run administrative functions; its API
only has admin functions as opposed to HTable which has DML

> I tried to read Hbase book, but I got confused.. So any help please?
> How to insert data using Put in a HTablePool instance..?

HTablePool returns HTables.  Use the returned HTable to do your put against.

View raw message