hbase-user mailing list archives

From matan <ma...@cloudaloe.org>
Subject Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:26:14 GMT
Thanks guys,

Excuse my ignorance, but having sort of agreed that the configuration that
determines which server should be contacted for what is on the HBase
server, I am not sure how any of the practical suggestions made should
solve the issue, and enable connecting from a remote client.

Let me explain - setting /etc/hosts on my client side seems in this regard
not relevant in that view. And the other suggestion for hbase-site.xml
configuration I have already got covered as my client code successfully
connects to zookeeper (the configuration properties mentioned on this
thread are zookeeper specific, I don't directly see how they should solve
the problem).