hbase-user mailing list archives

From matan <ma...@cloudaloe.org>
Subject Re: Connecting to standalone HBase from a remote client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:10:38 GMT
Hi Mohammad,

I'm loosing track... I came to understand that ZK tells the client where
the ROOT/META is, and from there the client gets the region server it
should contact. And yet I take it that you are saying that the
configuration for the location of the ROOT/META or region server should be
done on the client side. These two ideas seem to present a contradiction,
and I probably don't have a good grasp of what is going on, or what should
be done. Can you or anyone try to clarify?

Thanks,
matan