hbase-user mailing list archives

From yiyu jia <jia.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to start master with HBase 0.94.2 on Hadoop 1.0.4
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 04:38:08 GMT
After disable iptables service on my CentOS 6.3 machine, HBase master
starts up. This is strange as I open all ports number i can find in cfg
file and log files already.

anybody has a list of port number, which should be opened through firewall?

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM, yiyu jia <jia.yiyu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to start HBase in a distribute model. But, I am failure with the
> following error mssae. Anybody here has hint to solve this issue? thanks in
> advance!
>
> Yiyu
>

> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,217 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
> java.lang.RuntimeException: HMaster Aborted
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:154)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:103)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1806)
> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,221 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Exception
> closing file /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version :
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version could only be replicated to 0 nodes,
> instead of 1
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1558)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:696)
>  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:563)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1382)
>

> My hbase-site.xml :
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
> <!--
> /**
>  * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>  * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
>  * distributed with this work for additional information
>  * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
>  * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
>  * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliancef
>  * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
>  *
>  *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>  *
>  * distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
>  * WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> [...]

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
* Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
* Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*