hbase-user mailing list archives

From yiyu jia <jia.y...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Failed to start master with HBase 0.94.2 on Hadoop 1.0.4
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 14:36:57 GMT
Hi Marcos,

Thank you for helps.

I think I enabled all these port already. Also, I think we need to enable
ports for zookeeper as well for a distributed installation.

What I am doing now is 1) disable the iptables and start hbase.  2) use
netstat to list out all listened port. 3) check them one by one in all
configruation files and enable them in firewall.

Any further suggestion is appreciated.

Yiyu

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:58 AM, Marcos Ortiz <mlortiz@uci.cu> wrote:

> You don´t have to disable firewall, just enable the required ports for
> Hadoop and HBase:
> All ports for Hadoop 1.0.4:
>  NameNode RPC Server 8020
>  JobTracker RPC Server 8021
>  RPC Service 50020
>  TCP/IP Server for block tranfers 50010
>  NameNode HTTP Service 50070
>  DataNode HTTP Service 50075
>  JobTracker HTTP Service 50030
>  TaskTracker HTTP Service 50060
>  Secondary NameNode HTTP Service 50090
>
> All ports for HBase:
> HBase Master RPC Service 60000
> HBase Master HTTP Service 60010
> Region Server RPC Service 60020
> Region Server HTTP Service 60030
>

> On 11/05/2012 11:38 PM, yiyu jia wrote:
>
> After disable iptables service on my CentOS 6.3 machine, HBase master
> starts up. This is strange as I open all ports number i can find in cfg
> file and log files already.
>
> anybody has a list of port number, which should be opened through firewall?
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM, yiyu jia <jia.yiyu@gmail.com> <jia.yiyu@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to start HBase in a distribute model. But, I am failure with the
> following error mssae. Anybody here has hint to solve this issue? thanks in
> advance!
>
> Yiyu
>

> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,217 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
> java.lang.RuntimeException: HMaster Aborted
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:154)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:103)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1806)
> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,221 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Exception
> closing file /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version :
> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
> /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version could only be replicated to 0 nodes,
> instead of 1
>  at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1558)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:696)
>  at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
> at
>  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:563)
>  at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
>  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> [...]

* Mr. Jia Yiyu                                *
* Email: jia.yiyu@gmail.com          *
* Web: http://yiyujia.blogspot.com/*