hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Column family names and data size on disk
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:14:28 GMT
Also think of the keyvalue that is in the memstore.
The entire keyvalue is used for byte ordering.

So in the memory if i have CF1 and CF2, by ordering Cf1 should be sorted
first.  This also is a reason why Col family is part of the keyvalue which
when flushed into HFile goes with the same format.

Regards
Ram

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <