hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Column family names and data size on disk
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:58:29 GMT
I can find only the JIRA id pertaining to it

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4218.

Basically what i can understand from the design is HBase is a mulit level
keyvalue map

{rowkey->CF->Cols->TimeStamp}>value

Map<Rowkey,<Map<CF,Map<colQual,Map<TimeStamp, Value>>>

So every cell has all the info(rowkey, cf, qual, ts and value).
And ideally the encoding algo is basically to avoid such repetitions.
Anyone needs to add on this? Pls feel to do so...

Regards
Ram