hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding rework in changing column family
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 04:54:27 GMT
As far as i see altering the table with the new columnfamily should be
-> disable the table
-> Issue modify table command with the new col family.
-> run a compaction.
Now after this when you start doing your puts, they should be in alignment
with the new schema defined for the table.  You may have to see one thing
is how much your rate of puts is getting affected because now both of your
CFs will start flushing whenever a memstore flush happens.

Hope this helps.