hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why hbase trunk is still using zookeeper 3.4.3 rather than upgrade to use zk 3.4.4?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:45:17 GMT
3.4.4 had a particularly unfortunate bug (ZOOKEEPER-1550). Users not
running Oracle JDK (e.g. OpenJDK or IBM JDK or JDK 7) could easly fail to
connect to a ZooKeeper instance NOT set up for SASL/secure communication.
This is what 3.4.5 fixes, primarily. The version of ZK you use certainly
matters, so far as HBase users should avoid 3.4.4.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)