hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <phobos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does hbase.hregion.max.filesize have a limit?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 16:39:35 GMT
To speak to 'if it's possible', yes it is. We have some tables over here at
Klout during testing where we set the max region size to 100Gb, and
actually had tables of that size during a MR job that created HFileV2's for
us to import. So I can say that I have seen 100Gb regions that still work.

As to if this is a good idea, it's probably not. As a capacity planning
exercise we added additional nodes to the cluster, and split these regions
down to 10-20Gb in size.