hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian.naraya...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding rework in changing column family
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 04:40:58 GMT
Hi,

I have created table in hbase with one column family and planned to release for development
(in pentaho).

Suppose later after doing the data profiling in production if I feel that out of 600 columns
200 is not going to get used frequently I am planning to group those into another column family.

If I change the column family at later point of time I hope there will a lots of rework that
has to be done (either if we use java or pentaho). Is my understanding is correct? Is there
any other alternative available to overcome?

Regards,
Rams