hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase:The Definitive Guide book
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:53:07 GMT
Until Lars write the 2nd Edition, its still the best book out there talking about HBase.
(I think he's waiting for all those royalty checks to stop coming in. :-P  JUST KIDDING LARS!)

In all seriousness, the core functionality won't change, and by this I mean that the basic
framework to HBase will not change.  Or change fast enough that it wound't be covered in the
next edition.

Right now the 3-4 must have's on your book shelf are all O'Riley books : Tom White (3rd Ed)
Hadoop,  (Dean, Ed,  Jason) Hive, Lars HBase, and Gates Pig.

Just IMHO ... I don't work for O'Riley or get paid to advertise Dean's book. ;-)

-Mike