hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase:The Definitive Guide book
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 14:31:03 GMT
LOL...

No, I didn't.  :-P

I just listed the 'must haves'.

To be honest...
I have all of these books in electronic form.
I need to copy over the HBase in Action to my iPad.

I'm not an Apple fanboi, but just being able to have a complete set of reference books in
a single device that is searchable...  And I can carry it around with me? Got to love that.

(Oh and I can use it as a remote browser and even a terminal too. )

Now Kevin,  if you're not getting paid to endorse these books, then you need to. :-)
Dean Wampler keeps telling me the check is in the mail... now I know that the Dearborn Street
Post office is slow, but its not that slow... :-P
(All said tongue in cheek!)

On a more serious note, both Manning and O'Riley offer discounts to user group members. Joining
the local user group is free and its a nice perk.
So I really urge you guys to get involved in your local user groups and join the community.
The money I save when purchasing these e-books via the discount, really covers my cost of
the meetup.com site and then part of the vimeo site where we store the videos from our talks.

(Full disclosure, I founded CHUG and work with a group of good guys keeping it running.)

Now back to my second cup of coffee!