hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Li, Min" <m...@microstrategy.com>
Subject RE: Expert suggestion needed to create table in Hbase - Banking
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:40:51 GMT
When 1 cf need to do split, other 599 cfs will split at the same time. So many fragments will
be produced when you use so many column families. Actually, many cfs can be merge to only
one cf with specific tags in rowkey. For example, rowkey of customer address can be uid+'AD',
and customer profile can be uid+'PR'.

Min
-----Original Message-----
From: Ramasubramanian Narayanan [mailto:ramasubramanian.narayanan@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2012 3:05 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Expert suggestion needed to create table in Hbase - Banking

Hi,

  I have a requirement of physicalising the logical model... I have a
client model which has 600+ entities...

  Need suggestion how to go about physicalising it...

  I have few other doubts :
  1) Whether is it good to create a single table for all the 600+ columns?
  2) To have different column families for different groups or can it be
under a single column family? For example, customer address can we have as
a different column family?

  Please help on this..

regards,
Rams