hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Changing column family in hbase
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:17:48 GMT
If you are having data in the current table schema?
You want some how to move the data to new CF?  If yes I dont think it is possible. Some similar
question was asked in the mailing list today. Is your scenario also same?

-Anoop-
From: raviprasad.t@polarisFT.com [raviprasad.t@polarisFT.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:34 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing column family in hbase

Hi Mohammad,
  Our requirement is that,
  Initially we have created a table 'emp'  with the below detail in single column family (cfemp
)
    cfemp:eno
    cfemp:ename
    cfemp:address

After that we have added two columns  in the table  (  address2, address3 and  city),
  We plan to create a new coloum family called  'cfadd'  to store all the address details
as below
     cfemp:eno
     cfemp:ename
     cfadd:address   -- Previously it was in cfemp column family
     cfadd:address2
     cfadd:address3
     cfadd:city

Regards,