hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ajay Bhosle" <ajay.bho...@relianceada.com>
Subject Region hot spotting
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 07:19:38 GMT

I am inserting some data in hbase which is getting hot spotted in a
particular server. The format of the row key is (0 or
1)|[timestamp]_[sequence].  Basically I want to add log information to hbase
and search the records based on range of dates.

Can someone suggest any configuration changes or any ideas on how the row
key should be design. I do not want to specify the splits while creating

The information contained in this electronic message (email) and any attachments to this email
are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and access to this email by any one
else is unauthorised. The email may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information
or information relating to Reliance Group. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this communication and any attachments
thereto, immediately from your computer. Any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication and the attachments thereto (in whole or part), in any manner, is strictly prohibited
and actionable at law. The recipient acknowledges that emails are susceptible to alteration
and their integrity can not be guaranteed and that Company does not guarantee that any e-mail
is virus-free and accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this