hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick maillard <nicolas.maill...@fifty-five.com>
Subject Hive Hbase 0.94 ClassNotFoundException com.google.protobuf.Message
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:52:53 GMT
Hi everyone

Continuing on my journey in Hadoop world.
I have installed:
Hive 0.9 on
Hbase 0.94.2 cluster atop
an Hadoop 1.0.3 cluster.

When I do simply query like "select *" everything is fine.
When I try "select foo from myTestTable" I see the MR
start on my hadoop monitor UI and it fails with:

Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.Invocation.write

Anyone have this problem:
The jar is present in hbase lib directory.
I have copied the jar in my hive libs directory with no result.

View raw message