hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick maillard <nicolas.maill...@fifty-five.com>
Subject Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:15:21 GMT
As I have written in a reply above but that is kind of lost in the tread:

I have set dfs.replication at 2 but this process time has not changed at all.
How could I change my configuration to avoid this hotspot issue you have talked
about.

As Kevin has advised I have also upped:
hbase.hstore.blockingStoreFiles to 100
hbase.hregion.memstore.block.multiplier to 7
hbase.hregion.memstore.flush.size to 256 MB
hbase.regionserver.optionallogflushinterval to 30s

These changes did not bring any significant evolution in speed.

My cluster is 3 ubuntu machines:
 2 cores 4 threads 3.4+ GHz with 16gb ram

thanks for everyones help