hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nick maillard <nicolas.maill...@fifty-five.com>
Subject Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:05:30 GMT
Hi John

I have 42 map tasks capacity and running an avg tasks/nodes 28.

when I check the map job details there are 80 tasks to complete.
As i drill down on the different map tasks in task detail they all take a very
long time (26 minutes) to complete. A lot of them fail as well.
Fail info is "failed to report status for 601 seconds" so time out.
I does feel like an M/R related issue.

I have tried running the hadoop wordcount example on the same 5GB HDFS file.
The point was to get a feel of something only hadoop with no hbase associated.
The process took a couple of minutes.

I guess something in the imporTsv thru hbase call hangs up the map tasks.
I don't really knwo where to look anymore to understand. Any idea of where of
how or what to look for would be appreciated.
As well any idea od different configuration I could try would be great.

thanks in advance