hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Ted Tuttle" <ted.tut...@mentacapital.com>
Subject ZK is null
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:32:15 GMT
Hello All-

We had a couple of non-fatal ZK errors in our HBase clients the other
day.  This is was repeatable for a time but thing stopped happening.
The errors looked like this:

Looking at the code fo ZooKeeperWatcher, there appears to be some sort
of initialization race.  Can anyone elaborate on what is going on during
the startup and perhaps suggests some health checks?

Here is HBase master log from around the time of error:

We are running a 5 node cluster on v0.94 on cdh3u3 and accessing through
Java client API.