hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: MapReduce vs hosts (Cannot resolve the host name)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:29:44 GMT
Hi St.Ack,

Thanks for your reply.

Finally, seems that this is not blocking the application. It's stated
as "ERROR"s but it's still running after that. After some time, I'm
getting some results.

I don't have any DNS on my cluster. All servers have the same host
file and static IPs. Is it mandatory to have a DNS to run HBase? Or
can it run without?

JM