hbase-user mailing list archives

From Richard Tang <tristartom.t...@gmail.com>
Subject is it possible to control physical deletion of data in hbase?
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 13:27:56 GMT
Hi, I want to manually control the number of versions of data physically
stored in hbase.

I am aware that physically deleting a record in hbase occurs only in major
compaction (link<http://hadoop-hbase.blogspot.com/2011/12/deletion-in-hbase.html>),
and want to know if it's possible to physically delete only the records in
major compaction, that meets, for example, the following two conditions:
1. has more than one version. (>=2)
2. timestamp is lower than a specified value.

Does hbase provide interface for config compaction to allow the above
behaviour (without change hbase code and recompiling)? Let me know if you
have any thoughts on this. Thanks.

Regards,
Richard